I was nominated for the Liebster Award a couple weeks back by Desiree B, I’ve been really busy and haven’t had time to do it until now. I’m going to start by doing the first part, answering the questions, and then I’ll write my own and find nominees.
The rules as I understand them are simple. I write 11 random facts about my self, then answer 11 questions my nominator, Desiree B, wrote, I then nominate 11 people who have around 200-ish followers and write them 11 questions to answer. Being busy I haven’t gotten to the second part yet, but thought I’d at least do the first half 😉
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I love dark clouds, stormy weather, and the rain.
2. My favorite seasons are the transition seasons, Spring and Autumn.
3. I’ve been known to walk in the woods with swords.
4. My favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate orange, made locally where I live.
5. I love being existential at times, especially while star gazing.
6. My favorite comic book is X-Men.
7. I love Japanese anime.
8. My car’s name is Little Blackie after the horse from True Grit.
9. Live entertainment (music, plays, performers) are one of life’s great pleasures.
10. My favorite Playstations games are Final Fantasy, but my Nintendo 64 game will always be Zelda and the Ocarina of Time.
11. I’m sitting at the kitchen counter procrastinating making dinner.
Answers to Desiree B‘s Questions
1. What’s your biggest goal for the month?
Surviving and having written as much as I can.
2. What milestone are you hoping to accomplish in the next five years?
I would like to have self-published a couple of books within the next five years.
3. What’s the biggest milestone that you’ve accomplished thus far?
Writing a book and getting it past the first draft stage into the second, that and my blackbelt in TKD 😉
4. When you started your blog, what was your first expectations for it? Has it changed?
I don’t know if I really had an expectation. I thought it would be fun to litter a blog page with whatever I want and I still do. What really surprises me is that anyone reads it 😀
5. Aside from writing, what other activity captures your interest?
I somehow feel that reading is a given. I think the martial arts would be my second great love. It’s very empowering and satisfying when I beat up the guys 😉
6. Where is your favorite place to read or write.
Those are two very different places. I love to read at home, usually sprawled on a couch or my bed. When it comes to writing I love to write in coffee shops. Getting out really helps me focus and it’s nice to not completely be alone while I write. I can also people watch if I’m having trouble writing anything down.
7. Who is your favorite author?
Why such hard questions? Growing up it was Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Most recently I’ve been extremely enamored with Neil Gaiman’s books, but there are so many wonderful books and authors out there.
8. What keeps you going when things get rough?
Stubbornness and a masochistic desire to torture myself lol. I guess I don’t really give myself the option, at least when it comes to writing. I know it’s what I want to do. But it does get hard and I usually get through with a lot of prayer and ranting to good friends.
9. If you could give one life tip, what would it be?
Try to understand people and don’t overreact. So many of life’s arguments are simply miscommunication between two people trying to make themselves understood.
10. What genre interests you the most and why?
I’ve become very interested in steampunk. I love the style and the mashup of old and new. It’s fun to see old ideas and technology turned on its head and made fresh.
11. Out of all your favorite books, which character do you wish you could be? (Oh, and you can’t use your book)
That’s a really hard question!…Maybe Alanna from Tamora Pierce’s “Song of the Lioness” series. I thought it was really cool when I was a kid to have a girl who wanted to be a knight. She was pretty B.A. too.
~~Lady of the Pen~~